Friday, May 20, 2011

One month old!

One month? I have been debating putting bricks on Jonathan's head so he won't grow. But, alas, that won't work. I'm just trying to soak it all in. People tell you how quickly they grow up and you don't realize until you have one of your own. Bella is now 2.5 years old so I understand that phrase now! Jonathan just keeps getting loooonnngggeeerrrr. And he's finally getting a little chunk on him. Don't you love baby rolls (as long as they are not on us! ha!)? I noticed a little roll coming up on his leg and his arm and under his chin when he's sleeping. Yes, that little boy loves to eat!

Here's some pictures of the first month.
This picture is titled the "Generations" picture. That dresser was my moms, bought in 1951, then it was mine, and now it's Jonathan's. The white blanket he is laying on was made my my grandmother and great grandmother (his great grandmother and great-great grandmother), the blue blanket he is wrapped in was made by Mike's grandmother Nanny (his great grandmother) the teddy bear is from Granny Ruth and Pop, the Big Bird was mine as a baby, the pillow was Mike's as a baby, the nursery rhyme book was given by my grandmother, and the little toy car was Mike's as a baby. Isn't that sweet? Great idea mom!
Bliss.
We took this picture right after I said, "Smile if you love your mommy!". Ha, just kidding. We call this "milk drunk"...he's happy and content.
My mom and Mike's mom call Jonathan a little bird when he makes this face.

And of course, we're doing monthly giraffe pictures.




As a comparison, here was Bella at the same age. He's definitely longer and I think they look the same, don't you?

No comments: