Sunday, May 22, 2011

I am full of pride!

This month, my husband graduated with his MDiv degree from Truett Seminary at Baylor University in Waco, Texas. And I am one proud wife! I was proud of my Masters degree but i'm definitely more proud for Mike of his. This is probably because I got my Masters when we didn't have children. However, during his Masters program, we had two children (one during midterms and the other at the end of the semester with papers and finals), I worked full time, he worked on campus and then became the pastor at Liberty, and commuted 45 each way to Waco ALOT. I think it should also be mentioned that he took baby-duty for both of our children when they were infants who didn't sleep through the night, he always had time for me when I needed it, he rocked a baby and then went to write a paper until the wee hours of the morning, he put family-time first ALWAYS, he took our daughter to the park to play and then finished his homework during her nap time, he always made sacrifices so I could work at a great job, he cleaned the kitchen and then studied Hebrew vocabulary, he took me out of dates and then studied when he got home....seriously, the list could go on and on. But it's hard to sum up the love he showed to us as a family and the sacrifices he made to get this degree. These are the reasons why I am so proud of him. It hasn't been perfect and it's been difficult at times (especially when he has 78 papers due all at once - ok, that's stretching it - but if you know Mike he writes dissertation-level papers at.all.times). But, through it all he has been "present" with us as a family. And, he still received all A's in his program. And, he earned the respect of lots of professors. So, yes, I am so proud of him for finishing his program with integrity and excellence and first-and-foremost, love for us as a family. Ok, enough of the gushing. I could keep going though. hehe! Told you I was full of pride!

Before we left for the ceremony, we decided to take a picture with our Masters degree regalia. But we had a hard time not being studious...here's Mike being studious...You have a master's degree...you're supposed to be studious, right?!
And here I am being studious...then we needed to really be "us"...
The graduates.
That's more like it.

My parents and his parents with the kids and I loaded up to head to Waco and meet Mike for the ceremony. This is First Baptist Church of Waco where the ceremony took place.
And inside the church.
Here are the Bailey's. We LOVE them! They have been there from the beginning and have become like family to us.
Here's Mike walking in. I may or may not have nearly started crying with pride at this point. ha! He's making eye contact with Bella. If you could see her face, she would simply be staring at him.
Here's Mike waving at Bella. Again, Bella is simply staring.
Bella then saw her daddy walking away and had a little meltdown. Poor thing.
The graduate!
Mike is the tall one on the back row. ha!
I love this picture of me and the Lagrone grandparents. Yes, I was beaming with pride that I was married to one of the graduates. The good looking one too!
This is Judge Starr presenting Mike his diploma.
Dr. Garland, Dean of Truett Seminary.
The infamous Dr. Stroope. This man was such a blessing to Mike at Truett and to us as a couple throughout the years.
The cheering section (minus my mom who took the picture). This was one of those special moments when you're surrounded by family and your children and being extremely proud of your husband. I was so thankful at this moment.
The cheering section again. This is the point in the ceremony when I nearly lost it one more time.

Mike with Dr. Joe Bailey. We LOVE this couple!

On the way to the reception after the ceremony, Bella found the playground. And went DIRECTLY to it. PawPaw had slide-duty for a while!
Bella and her proud daddy.
Us with Mike's parents. Notice Bella? Yep, she wanted to slide.
We couldn't wrangle Bella for a picture so we'll have to photoshoot her in. I was so proud of Mike. But, he said he was more proud of his family than his diploma. I love that about my husband.
This picture shows that pride too! Mike certainly enjoyed walking around the reception and showing off the new cute addition of our son. I enjoyed walking around the reception with my husband! I also love being known as "his wife"...Are you Mike's wife? Why, yes I am!
Family picture attempt. Notice Bella? Yep, she wanted to play.
Before the ceremony, Bella wanted to dance with her daddy in her new "pincess dress".

She also wanted to play with all the grandparents who came into town! "Ganddad, look. It's a butterfly!"
Sweet Bella.

On the day Mike received his Master's degree, this is what he did before leaving for the ceremony. Another reason why I love this man.
Babe, I am so proud of you. Thank you for what you have done for us over the past four years.

No comments: