Saturday, November 28, 2009
Here's the Hogue clan - Grandma and Grandpa Hogue, 4 children (and spouses), 7 grandchildren (and spouses), and 10 great grandchildren.
My dad was playing fetch with their dog and Bella LOVED it. She was laughing with one of those deep, belly laughs. Cutie!
Grandma and Grandpa by "their" car. It was actually a rental that was brought to the partay. Aren't they cute posing by it though! Grandpa is 88 and going as strong as ever. I hope I got some of his genes.
Bella got in on the car-picture action. But don't worry....
Mom was close by!
Allison and her man walking! Aren't they fun?!Another family picture.
Walking with sweet Bella!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
I had my first "I need a break" week. I never understood why people said they felt for me because I work full time, have a child, and my husband is in seminary (who has 3 large papers due this week and next week). Well, last week I understood. It's amazing what a little time off from the daily duties of life will do for you. I'm sure i'm not the only momma out there who feels like this and just needs a break!
Some firsts for the week include:
1. She's saying her "y", "l", and "h" syllables. It now sounds like she's saying "hi" and is rolling her tongue out when she says an "l". It really seems like she is having a conversation with us.
2. She is clapping to "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands". (I've been working on that one for a while.)
3. She is waving hi and bye.
4. She continues to be a great eater. I have not completely weaned her yet but that's ok. No hurry from this mom!
Here's some pictures from her time with the grandparents.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
1. A great state park nearby. We went to Mother Neff State Park which was about an hour away. It's not very big (we hiked the majority of it in a couple of hours) but it wasn't crowded and was nice and relaxing. Plus, the leaves were beginning to change and it was an overcast day. Prescription for beautifulness! Quiet, peaceful, family time, smell of leaves, sound of water...awww!
2. A great hubby. This is essential since he carried the 20 pound one year old for the first half of the trip. And, is all around great to be with.
3. A mom. This certain mom carried the one year old the second half of the hike - which entailed lots and lots of kicking and laughing. She was w-i-g-g-l-y! And, the certain mom let the certain one year old touch the water.
5. A semi-I'm-not-going-to-smile grin. Just because it's too cute!
6. A great hat. A gal's gotta look cute even if she is in the elements.
7. A recliner (also known as daddy) for when you get tired.
8. And, just all around cute babyness.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Bella is walking all over the place with her little walker. She has now figured out how to swing it around to change directions. She no longer has to step alllll around it to go the other way. Now, she'll fling it to one side. We'll shut the doors to all the rooms and let her roam in the kitchen, living room and hallways. She still tries to get in the rooms - evidenced by a large 'thud' as she runs into the doors. Here's the little cutie in action! Don't you love that cloth-diapered bottom! And you'll notice in the video her "loud voice". Sometimes that means she's upset (at the end of the video) while other times it means she's just wanting to be loud (at the beginning of the video). Can you also tell she's a daddy's girl by the video!
Some other firsts for the week:
1) She has another tooth - that now makes 8! The drool machine is at it again.
2) She started standing up on her own. She can go from sitting on the ground to standing up completely without any assistance. But, then she'll wave her arms and get this excited look on her face (aka - mouth wide open!) and then fall down. So, no steps yet but we're getting there.
3) She is finally eating banana or strawberry puffs. She's been semi-eating them for a while but most of the time she spits them back out. Today she ate all 6 of them we put in front of her!
4) She had her first non-baby poop - I know, I know, TMI - but i'm documenting everything right! All that solid food is creating very different poops than breastmilk poops.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
This is a pumpkin from my Great-Granddaddy's farm that my grandparents brought me. Bittersweet memories.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
And, of course no birthday party is complete without the cake! Miss B wasn't sure what to do with it and we had to "coach" to eat it or play with it. She was very particular in eating it or messing it up...
Mom had to help.
Dad had to help too.