Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer is here...and i'm behind!

Summer is here in Texas and i'm behind on blogging...but it's not because of a lack of cute picture of a lack of activity or a lack of anything to write about. We've been b.u.s.y. with a capitol B! The past three weeks we've been packing our whole house, moving into my sister's temporarily, closing on our home, trying to decide what needs to go into storage and what needs to go into my sister's house...on top of that, did I mention we have two children now?!? No? I haven't mentioned that yet? Well, we have two children which makes the process go a little slower. My parents came down over Memorial Day weekend and were a HUGE help in finishing packing and moving to my sister's house. The parentals save the day! But finally our stuff is in storage, we are "camping" at my sister's with beds and a couch and a TV and a card table for "fine dining", and we are settling into a new normal...until the next move. whew, i'm tired just writing. We closed on our house yesterday - Halleluyer! And last night we celebrated with burgers, fries and yogurt. Partay here in this household! I think we'll do nothing but hang out in the backyard this weekend to relax!

Over the past few weeks, our little son has been growing like a weed. A weed that grows way too quick! Bella did not get this big this fast. He must be eatin'! Without further delay, here's some cute pictures of the past few weeks.

The little man loves to sleep on his tummy.
This was our first walk as a family of four! This was also before Texas became the epicenter of HEAT - thus, we were able to get outside after work. No longer is that going to happen!

Anyone want to try and write a caption for this one?
This was at 5 weeks.
And this was this week. What a difference two weeks makes! Don't you love the rolls?
Our sweet Bella keeps us laughing, fo sho'. We have played in the backyard every chance we get. My ever-nature-lovin gal wanted to pick "flowers" so she found this beauty in the yard. "You smell mommy? MMMMM". Yep, she likes the smell of weeds. That's my girl!
My parents bought her a sand/water table that has kept her busy too.
We went to a friend's house in Waco one evening and Bella played with her friend Sedona. We caught them sitting together like this on the couch. Don't let the sweetness fool you though...
They were cutting eachother's hair. Thankfully they weren't real scissors. They had a grand time that night!
I took Bella to her first dentist appointment. When Allison and I went to the dentist as kids, mom would always take us to Grandy's to get a cinnamon roll (if the appointment was in the morning) or to get a shake (if the appointment was in the afternoon). Nothing like ruining those teeth after a check-up! So, being the good mommy I am I decided to follow suit and take Bella to get a sonic drink. Awww, Sonic. Bella did so well at her appointment too!
And, another sprinkler shot. She likes to "sneak" up on me and get me wet. Then she'll run all around the yard for me to get her wet.

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

I'm exhuasted just hearing about it all!

Where are you moving? and I loooove the leg rolls! I still can't get over that when I saw you last.. baby in tummy. Now: Baby in your arms. SO crazy! It freaks me out a little.. it makes it all very real! So happy for your new addition!