Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our precious, perfect, beautiful little girl!!!!

Today at 9:15am, after about 10 minutes of pushing (all that running paid off!!!), Bella Grace entered the world with a beautiful head of red-blonde hair, blue eyes, big lips, and absolutely perfect everything else. It was one of the best experiences of my life and the pushing stage was full of laughter and joy and excitement. I wish I could stop that moment in time and relive it over and over. She's playing with her daddy right now and I can't stop kissing her and saying "you're beautiful" or "I just love you" or just laughing from joy. And, Mike can't quit saying "You're my little girl, did you know that?" and we both just stare at her. What a wonderful day. And I didn't have to be induced, which was fantastic. So after a long night and a surreal moment of pure joy and laughter, she is here. And after of course many tears of unbelief/joy and very excited grandparents and two ENTHRALLED parents, our Bella has entered the world. Did I mention I think she's just perfect! Here are some pictures from when we went to the hospital through her day one. I'm sure i'll post more later and throughout the week, since Mike and I have already taken hundreds of pictures. Today she had her first diaper change from mommy and daddy, her first sneeze, her first yawn, her first smile, her first dance with daddy, her first kisses with mommy...oh my, we are smitten. We haven't slept all last night and today because we can't quit looking at her.









7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You will keep taking pictures and videos for the rest of her life.
May God continue to bless you as you raise her to follow Him.

jarcarhar said...

Hooray! Congratulations, Smith FAMILY!!! So glad that you all had a great day of celebration! Praying for you in these amazing first days...they are priceless!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to parenthood Mike and Emily! It's the most precious and amazing gift from God.

Enjoy Bella's little face and fingers and toes, they change and grow so quickly.

Congrats from the Leggetts!

Kristy said...

Oh my goodness Emily - Mrs. Mom! I'm so excited for you I was nearly in tears reading your post! I can't imagine the sheer joy of experiencing that moment - I hope to someday! I look forward to more pictures and updates - she is beautiful!!

Love you much!
Kristy

Allison Hogue said...

I love her and miss her already!!!!!

KamalaPavan Dasika said...

Congratualtion to Ms. Bella's mommy & daddy. She is very Beutiful and Its very exciting to read this post and for that maater all posts so far. Thank you for sharing these moments with us.

Looking forward to more pictures of Bella.

Kayne and Thomas said...

Oh she is beautiful!! You two look so proud!! And Emily, you look great!!! Congrats!! We are glad Bella is here and everyone is doing great!!