Saturday, October 18, 2008

Due date today!

Today is Bella's due date and we still have about 8 hours left. So, she could still make her entrance today! But, she seems pretty content right where she's at. And, although we are beyond excited to see her, i'm still enjoying the "you're-pregnant" looks when we go out. woohoo! Maybe God knew I needed some more of that since I seemed to not get much at the beginning. I'm feeling great too, which brings me back to being thankful of running on a treadmill. If I were outside, I would probably lose track of time and keep going. This meandering of my thoughts leads me to the newest fun development in the Smith household...we have a new car! Miss Daisy, the car that Allison and I grew up in since 1994, was lovingly given to us by my parents since our former Dodge Ram did not have a backseat for Bella. It was fun riding in it again, but a little nostalgic not being in the backseat reading a book while we drove to California or driving to Hobbs to go to to church. Now, it was me and my family in it. Driving it away from Lovington, listening to KZOR, and chatting with Allison on the phone was a moment that brought back a ton of memories! After a little while with precious Miss Daisy (my dad named her), we started having a little bit of steering fluid leaking problems (notice this in the picture). And, the fix would be worth more than the car so we decided to start looking. We went to Austin yesterday and traded Miss Daisy in for our new fun-lovin' Miss ______. (I'm taking requests for the new name.)

Now, maybe Bella will really know that she has everything she needs out here...her room is done, her bag is packed, she has a brand new car waiting for her, she has a jogging stroller to see the outside with mommy, and two overly-excited, giddy, and a little distracted (because of her) parents. We'll keep you updated!

No comments: