Sunday, November 9, 2008

I missed you....


This blog is devoted to...my shoes! I know, I know...kindof odd for a blog. I was able to run my usual distance up until the day she was born so it's been a little over 2 weeks since i've been able to use these shoes. And, that's been the longest stretch i've gone in about 9 years. To say the least, I was ready to go! So, this morning after feeding Bella at 5:30, getting bottles ready, kissing my husband who was still sleeping, I changed into my running clothes and headed out the door! woohoo!! (And, yay for being able to get into those running tights again!) I felt like I was floating without those extra 25 pounds of baby. But, it was weird to get my equilibrium again since I was so used to running with a belly in front of me for 9 months! It was fantastic to run outside in the cool, crisp air again with the leaves changing. I love fall so I was thankful to be able to experience the fresh air and nature again! So, this is ode to my shoes...I've missed you these past two weeks and am glad we are becoming friends again! And, because I know that most of you are more interested in Bella than my shoes here are some recent pics of her. Aunt Gayla and Uncle Mark from South Carolina gave Bella the super cool blanket with her name on it. Her onesie says "I love Aunt Gayla and Uncle Mark" and it's what they received in the mail to let them know we were pregnant. Gayla knew what it was before she even opened the box...I guess that's what best friends do. As I write this Bella and her daddy are snoozing together on the couch! Studying much? Talk about the two loves of my life passed out...Precious!! We had her two week checkup and she has gained her birthweight back and more. She is now 7lbs, 14 oz and 19 3/4 inches long (her birthweight was 7lbs 3 oz and length was 18 1/2). Her jaundice is finally gone and everything else looked great. We can definitely tell she's gotten longer when she's stretching lately. Our little girl is growing!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's how I get my studying done too!