Sunday, January 8, 2012

Legacy of a Granddad

It is one of my greatest joys to watch my dad play with my daughter like he did with me. He's always been the "science guy" or "Mr. Rogers" to my sister and I - he's a teacher - so we have great memories of Shel Silverstein poems (I can still recite most of them) or learning about rainbows or the different types of clouds. He's been our greatest advocate for education and i'm thankful he's passing that love of learning to my kiddos.

One night before bedtime, he did a "trick" with Bella. And she loved it! I have it on video so i'll have to post that too.  She thought it was so funny that Granddad could make the ball float in the air with a hair dryer.  Look at their faces!

My dad has also give me a love for nature and the outdoors.  He wants to be outdoors alot. And, so do I.  We were glad to have great days of beautiful weather while they were here.
Bella wanted to be with her Granddad most of the time.  This is on their daily walk to get the mail.

Daddeo, it's the small things that make me say thank you.  Thank you for the legacy you gave to Allison and I and are now giving to Bella and JT.

No comments: