Sunday, February 28, 2010

7 years ago today


We got engaged!! Mike too me to the Country Line, a nice restaurant in Lubbock, where we would go to frequently on our dates. Initially, we went to a park where he was going to propose. But it was really windy (remember it was West Texas) so we decided to leave and go eat. And, I had no idea what was about to happen. After enjoying a great meal we went walking around the grounds of the County Line. It's no longer open, sadly, but it had beautiful gardens and a stream going through it and Christmas lights hung in the tree. We found a spot beside the stream to sit down and Mike said he had a new song he wanted me to hear. Again...no idea what was going on. He sang the song he wrote me while I sat and cried and LOVED it. Then, he got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him. That moment will forever be one of the best in my life - still makes me smile and giddy. Of course I said yes and he had to remind he about the ring. ha! I forgot about that part. So, babe, thanks for 7 years of remembering this day. I love you beyond words. And, yes, I still cry when he sings the song he wrote me.
Emily