Saturday, February 13, 2010

A post fitting for Valentine's Day


In my last blog I told you all that alot has been going on in our household. One of the biggest thing...no...the biggest thing so far is that my SISTER IS ENGAGED! Translated into Emily-talk...MY SISTER IS ENGAGED AND I GET ANOTHER BROTHER! I have a brother, Joey, since Christie got married. So, now there is a new addition. And I couldn't be more excited. Brad, the sis's fiancee-extraordinaire, started out as "hot ICU boy". You see, Allison and I both work at Scott and White Hospital. I started receiving these emails from her about the new "hot ICU boy". (Brad is a nurse in ICU and Allison would see him when she would go visit her patients.) The emails became more frequent and then turned into quick phone calls - "Should I talk to him?" "I think he smiled at me" - you know, the good ole' butterfly in your stomach relationship beginnings that sister's talk about and analyze about. After some time, they started talking and had there first date. Allison actually gave him her number. You go girl!

So, that leads us to the present day. Mike, myself, my parents, Allison and Brad went on a "ski trip" a couple of weeks ago. Unbeknowst to Allison, this ski trip was the engagement trip. And, I did great at keeping it a secret. I actually just told her weeks prior to the trip not to ask me anything about anything since i'm terrible about keeping secrets. So, Brad romantically proposed by the fire with a ton of snow outside with a gorgeous ring! (I had the great fortune of going to the ring stores and shopping with him.) Then, my parents and Mike and I joined them in Ruidoso and the engagement/celebration began.

Ruidoso had a TON of snow dumped on them while we were there, which was beautiful and made for great sledding! Enjoy some pics of the happy couple and the happy sister/bro-in-law and happy mom/dad. We had a great time with them. Y'all know how much I love my sister. So, i'm so excited to spend this time with her and her new fiancee - which I am increasingly growing to love just as much as his to-be-bride.

And, that is a post fitting for Valentine's Day!

My daddeo and I!!


Allison and I trying not to crash...
Oops, we did.
Just sharing the love with the new bro-in-law.



The four amigos!

Aww, happy couple.

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

Congratulations to Allison!!

And that is SO SWEET that you even thought at all about coming to Austin!!! That's awesome! It is the thought that counts :). Sorry you're sick but thanks again! If I had seen people there that actually knew me I would have cried like a baby!!

Thanks!!!!

A half marathoner :)

jordan said...

tell your sis congrats! when is the big day? dies she need invites? ;)