Wednesday, June 25, 2008

And, finally we are up to date with Bella Grace!

I found out I was pregnant on February 12th on my lunchbreak. I kept thinking about it and decided to take a test, completely expecting it to be negative. Then I saw the 'PREGNANT' sign come up! And, I think I squealed and jumped and cried and laughed and squealed and jumped and cried and laughed the rest of the break. (notice the picture)
I don't even think I ate lunch that day! Mike had a special trip planned for Valentine's Day which was 2 days away so I decided to wait until then to tell him. And, I was so moody those 2 days because I was really anxious to tell him! Poor guy! (I say poor guy in a lot of these posts...hmm, he's a trooper with me.) Finally, Valentine's Day came around. I bought him a little onesie that said "Things I love...Daddy, hugs, and kisses" and a onesie that said "My first valentine". We exchanged gifts before we left to go to Austin because I couldn't stand it anymore. I had actually lied to him the day before when he asked if I thought I was pregnant. I told him (through a huge grin...i'm surprised he didn't know right then) I was pretty sure we weren't...oops. Sorry about that but I didn't want to spoil the surprise. He opened the package and say the onesie and said "Are we pregnant?" I yelled yes and he jumped up, we hugged, then he sat back down and got all fatherly..."we've got to get her a crib and paint and pick out....". It was hilarious! After that initial shock (notice the picture below) he took me to Macaroni Grill and then to the Austin Symphony. But, the entire night we were definitely in between moments of excitement and joy to 'oh-my-goodness-we're-going-to-be-parents'. Even while we were sitting at Macaroni Grill we saw a cute little girl out a date with her daddy....then the next table was a fussy baby. It was really comical! Now starts the precious journey of our Bella Grace Smith!

No comments: