Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer cooking

I'm done with school for the summer and one of the perks is I have more time to cook for people. Bella has always been a great helper in the kitchen too.  We heard in was Mr. John's birthday last week and since he is such a great guy at our church, we decided to make him a birthday cake.  Mr. John is one of the funniest, sweetest older gentlemen at our church that Bella likes to run away from - mainly because he'll chase her!
Little man decided to help too.
She also decided to make a trumpet out of the blender.
And, isn't this the best part of cooking - licking the batter! Again...
and again
and again.
Yep, these kids look happy.

I am so stinkin' thankful lately at these kiddos. I'm thankful I love being a mom. I'm thankful i'm their mom. I'm thankful they are healthy and vibrant and mine.  I'm truly trying to soak in these moments - even through the tantrums and potty breaks and cries for more food.  I don't do it perfectly but I am trying to make this summer one of memories and taking time to simply soak in the moment.  So, for now I will soak in these two sweet kiddos doing nothing more than hangin' out with their mommy in the kitchen. And that is certainly enough!

No comments: