Sunday, April 25, 2010

18 months old!

Hi everyone! I'm 18 months old and I wanted to show you what my little cute self has been up to! My mommy has been a little nostalgic today. It might be because she says she's "hormonal" (whatever that means) but it might also be because i'm growing up too quickly (she says). I'm now at a year and a half...going on...

I see my mommy cleaning the house. So, I decided to help one day. I found something that looked like a broom, went to the place in the kitchen she sweeps the yucky pile too, and started helping. (**This is Bella's mommy. She found a basting brush from our grill, found the yucky pile I had just swept and before I could get the vacuum cleaner to it, she spread it out again. She sure was proud of herself for "helping" though**).
Ok, back to me. I swept all over the house that day!
My mom insists on taking my picture every once in a while in front of these big animals. Being the good first born I am, I lined them all up in a row for the picture!
I also know how to clap your hands on demand...with the song "if you're happy and you know it"...
My mom asked me to hug the giraffe. But why not spread the love?
And, gather all the animals.And hug them so tight your mommy can't see anything but my hands in the picture.
I like to give hugs...
and kisses. Last night when we were all hanging out in the living room before my bath time, I caught mommy and daddy giving eachother a kiss. So, what did I do? I puckered up and made sure they gave me a kiss. They said I ruined the moment. I think I make it though! They were laughing so hard, I now make sure I interrupt their kisses to give them some of mine. That's what they really want, right?
I also really like to give kisses when i'm in trouble. Sometimes I'll grab my mommy's glasses and she'll say "no ma'am". Usually all I have to do is pucker up and keep puckering and she'll start laughing at me. Then i'll get kisses and no more "no ma'am"...until the next time I do it.
I really like to play in my parents room in the morning. They have a drawer that I empty out on a regular basis. My mommy says i'm too cute in these shorts too so I think it's ok.
I really like my daddy. Since i've been learning to eat with a spoon, my parents insist on letting me eat without my shirt...like i'm messy or somethin'. Anyways, my daddy is alllllways reading books. But I usually want to read with him so I don't let him read when i'm in the room. My mom also said to look at my full tummy! Mowwmmm, you can't do that do a gal!
We like to sing together...or sometimes he'll just yell so i'll yell too. I'm not sure why he does that but I keep doing it too!
I've learned where my nose is, my hair is, my mouth is, my eyes are. I don't get it right all the time but it's all in the same general vicinity. Here I am pointing to my nose - "hey, is that a booger? Don't worry daddy. I'll get it". My mom says I do this every time I point to my nose.

Lately, I'm learning to eat with a spoon!
Right before my parents took this picture I heard them say, "She's so neat. She's doing a great job at not making a mess". well, i'll show them...
uh hem, still being "neat". Then, daddy came over to tickle and play and...
I showed them what a mess was!
I also really like yogurt - sometimes to eat - sometimes to play with - sometimes to rub all in my hair.
My mommy loves this picture. But, she wanted to make sure I told everybody about my new trick. I've had a stuffy nose lately and i've learned to blow my nose! End.Of.Story. (**This is Bella's mommy again. What she didn't tell you is she likes to blow her nose - most of the time without a tissue or napkin or anything. She'll just blow! And, allll her stuffiness will come out. Thank you Bella. Your nauseous, prego mommy.**)
That's it for now. I'll keep being cute and running and sweeping and blowing my nose and kissing. It seems like my parents laugh at all of that - which has to translate into they love it...right?

1 comment:

Patti said...

OMG!!!!! She is truly an angel here on earth. Oh how I wish I could scoop her up, boogers, snot and all and get some lovin'. that was inspired Emily and too cute as always! love nana