Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our bellies are growing!

Our bellies are growing! Well, hopefully mine isn't too much. I'm only 8.5 weeks, y'all, so if you say you can tell i'm pregnant THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANT TO HEAR! just kidding...kindof. But, we are growing growing growing! This little cutie must be eating and growing good since i'm still feeling fairly sick throughout the day. But, not too much longer. Other than that, I really can't tell i'm pregnant or that there is any difference from this pregnancy and Bella's.

I'm lovingly calling this stage of pregnancy the "fluffy" stage. I went through this stage with Bella too at the beginning. I felt like I was "fluffy" (you know, bloated all over, retaining water - aka. fluffy) for the first trimester with Bella. Then the second trimester hit and I lost about 6 pounds of all that fluffiness in a couple of days. Then the fun began where the fluffiness was only in the belly. So, i'm waiting for the all-over-fluffiness to leave and the fun-belly-fluffiness to begin. Does that make sense? Maybe you other prego moms will understand my fluff issues.

Want to see the cute little culprit causing all that fluffiness? Introducing IttyBittySmith #2! It's funny how things change when it's your second child. I remember seeing the ultrasounds of Bella and thought "wait, what is it" or "it kindof looks like an alien". Now, I know most moms had a different reaction - namely, "Oh, it's adorable" or "I just love that sweet child". But, I was not one of those. I have grown to love that sweet child and thinks she's adorable but wrapping my mind around a new life growing inside of me was one thing - having it look like a peanut or an alien is another. Just things I had to work through. ha! But, now I know what the end result of that peanut "looks" like (aka. sweet Bella!) I had a different reaction to this ultrasound. I actually said, "Oh it's so cute" and had thoughts of "I love it already". aww, how things change through experience. Sweet IttyBittySmithy Peanut!

And now onto IttyBittySmithy #1. We were getting Bella ready for bed the other night when Mike yelled for me to come in - actually he was laughing pretty hard. I laid out a shirt that I just knew would fit...but alas, our 18 month old won't fit into a 12 month shirt. She was standing there in all her cute glory with her belly stretching all the way through that shirt and hanging out a little bit. Too bad you can't get the full effect in this picture but you can imagine it. Imagine how you feel and how you stand with your stomach straight out when you've had too much chips and salsa and a full order of Chuy's sour cream enchiladas and a Dairy Queen Cookie Dough Blizzard. (Can you tell those are some of my favorite foods.) Anyways, she was too cute! She is now 21.2 pounds and 31.5 inches long.

Until next time enjoy the fluffiness!

1 comment:

ashley said...

Loving the fluffiness! Thanks for the updates