Sunday, June 7, 2009

Calm, cool, collected (repeat) Calm, cool, collected...

This week was another week of firsts....mainly a first for mommy! Mike is doing an internship at our church which requires him to work full days Monday through Thursday. This means we put our sweet little thang in the day care at our church. We know the directors and feel good about the workers who will take care of Miss B. So, day one came to take her in. I went to work while Mike went to the church and dropped Bella off. I was doing ok and was thinking "why do moms have a hard time with this?". I knew that I wanted to continue working with Bella so I thought everything was going to be ok with Bella in day care because I had left her before. But that was with Mike at home. So, at lunch time I couldn't stand it anymore...I went up to the church to see her. And, since i'm a first time mommy dropping off the first baby for the first time I felt like I was entitled to see the baby! I walked in and poor Miss B has just woken up from a nap and since she's teething she woke up crying. So, what did this first time mommy see when she walked in? Her little baby doing the "I-just-got-finished-crying-i'm-catching-by-breath" thing. And, what did this momma do? I acted cool, calm and collected. "Yeah, everythings ok. Just hold the baby, rock, play, and then go to see daddy." (I was reciting this over and over in my head.) After a couple of minutes of playing Bella was back to her normal playful happy stick-out-her-tongue self. So, I kissed her good bye (still acting cool, calm, and collected) and went to go see Mike. Normally, I tell the secretaries and anyone else I walk by in the office hello but nope, not today! This momma lost it when she went to see Mike. And, on the way back to work too! Oh my goodness! Now, I totally know what the other moms were talking about. And, it doesn't matter if you're a stay-at-home mom or a working-mom...it's hard either way! Mike checks in on her throughout the days when he's there and she's always playing and happy. I actually went every day last week at lunchtime and all the other times I saw her she was laughing and playing and kicking everything in sight. So, i'm feeling better. And, it's getting better. But, when I get home after work and see we do some serious playin' and lovin' and huggin'. Enjoy the pics! Check out the red hair!!!
"Hello, my name is Bella. And yes...I am cute!"


Other first from the week:
1. She started putting her knees under her and "rocking". She is still scooting-crawling!
2. She found out she could splash in the bathtub. And, she does throughout the bath now!

1 comment:

ashley said...

oh my! it looks like she grew hair overnight! so cute. I have to open and close the shop everyday this week and I am stressin about leaving her! I hate that it is so hard, but maybe that means we just love our pumpkins and are good mamas. yes, that's it. good answer.