Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy 6 months, Sweet Pea!

And, we are at the sixth month mark. (What!?!) What a joy and ride it has been! I thought about trying to think of my top memories with her...but, that would be way too long! So, i'll try a top ten - although sixth months in no way can be summarized in this way!
1. Labor day - I know, I know, it's weird but I absolutely loved that moment with the sunshine and laughter and anticipation.
2. Those 3am nursing times when the world is quiet and it's just you and a sweet, sleepy baby.
3. That first laugh and ALL subsequent laughs!
4. Feeling the pride and joy of walking into a room with Mike and Bella. I think it's ok to be proud of my family at this time. This was especially true on dedication Sunday.
5. Seeing her find her feet and thumb and hands and anything else...seeing her explore her world.
6. Finding her looking at you when you don't expect it...like when she is with Mike in the living room and I look at them from the kitchen and she's looking at me and smiles...precious!
7. Listening through the monitor to Mike sing to her when she is fussy in her crib and hear her quiet down to his voice.
8. The feeling of her asleep on you and both of us cuddled up with Mike.
9. Seeing the grandparents face when they first saw Bella in the hospital. Still makes me choked up to think about hearing the laughs and gasps of all of them and seeing my dad's face.
10. And, those moments when Mike and I say "we have a baby girl?!?"

Sweet Pea, we sure do love you and are so thankful for you in our life. You are a precious addition to the Smith household. Love you, mommy and daddy.

Enjoy some giraffe pictures with her daddy!
I like the giraffes!
Uhm, i'm not sure about hugging the giraffe daddy!
Weeee!
Laughing with daddy...and still trying to figure out the giraffes!
Rubbing daddy's hands...and holding them!
Hello Mr. Giraffe...i'm Bella.
Trying on daddy's hat!
Look at how much i've grown!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe it has been 6 months already! Time flies so quickly. I love and miss y'all!

ashley said...

where does the time go?! I love the memories!

Unknown said...

P.S. Bella's hair is looking more red! Is it just in the pictures??

Grammy Smith said...

Priceless! Love you all! Grammy