Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day!

I love Earth Day! I grew up with an eco-lovin', tree-plantin', "green-before-it-was-the-cool-thing-to-do", daddeo...so, I guess it's in the genes. If you've seen my dad's backyard you know what i'm talking about. It's an oasis in the desert of New Mexico! Beautiful, calming, memories...my "tree" is back there too. I used to climb it and I had my certain spot, complete with pencil holder, book holder, journal holder, backpack hanger, and footrest...all made out of the tree! I would spend hours reading and writing up in that tree. When we would go camping with my grandparents, I would usually venture off to some creek or meadow and i'd rather be outside then inside. So, I love Earth Day. And, yes I hug trees! I thought i'd start this earth-lovin'-thang to Bella early. What did we do today? We went to Lowes and planted!! Enjoy some pictures from the day! From the looks of it, Bella liked Earth Day too!

And, a fun one of us hanging out at lunch!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny how this is a side of you that I had no clue about until just recently! How did I not catch this sooner?
P.S. Bella looks so cute :)