Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!


This Easter was one of the best! It started with a sunrise service at our church in Milano. We left the house in the POURING rain at 5:45am. We had our service at the outdoor pavilion in the picture below. Once we started singing, the rain started again! And, it was so loud on the tin roof we had a hard time hearing Mike and the other pastor speaking. But, what a fantastic sound to hear and see and smell and sing to! The raining stopped as soon as the service was over - just in time to walk over for brunch. God certainly was good to all of us! One of the songs we sang was "Because He Lives". That song has special meaning to us. I woke up at 2am during the "morning sickness" phase and went walking to try to ward off the nausea. I sang that song and walked to the rhythm. Mike told me the next morning about the verse "How sweet to hold a newborn baby. And feel the pride and joy (s)he brings". So, this morning when Mike was leading the music and looked over to smile at me at that verse, we both thinking how true that verse truly is now.
Here are some of our friends from Liberty. From left to right, AD Lagrone, Bella and I, Ruth Lagrone, and Francis Gilliland. Yes, they are as precious as they look! Ruth came over and got Bella while I was getting my food. I went to go check on her and AD said, "You let that grandmother hold her". We have precious new "family" additions here!
This is Tom Tom. Last week, Bella was really tired at the end of the service. Tom Tom came to get her (his exact words "let me have her"), went and sat back down, and she fell fast asleep on him the rest of the lunch. Here she is again playing with Tom Tom...and talking away at him! She's trying to figure out those overalls since she fell asleep on them last week.

The rest of the pictures are ones we took outside the church. Most of them are of Bella and her daddy. Being a daddy's girl myself, these pictures are precious!!





Walking with daddy!



And, at the end of a long morning here she is with her daddy!

3 comments:

The Louders said...

Oh what sweet sweet pictures!!!

ashley said...

oh my, I just love those pics! what a sweet girl. can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

Looks like Bella had an eventful first Easter! I love the pictures!