Friday, September 26, 2008

Top 10 things

Since i've been being nostalgic lately (and, cleaning out every drawer, closet, and room possible, including cleaning thoroughly underneath the kitchen sink - can I get a 'what what') I thought i'd reflect on the top things I've loved about pregnancy and top things I haven't so much enjoyed during pregnancy. So, here goes the yucky ones first.

Top 10 things i've not enjoyed about pregnancy:

1. Waking up in the first trimester SICK and walking around my neighborhood at 2am to fend off the nausea.
2. Pregnancy jeans with the new secret belly fit....uhm, not comfortable because they slide down all the time.
3. Swollen feet...I guess I can't really complain about that since i've only had it a couple of times lately. But, still no fun!
4. No coffee...except decaf. But, it's not the same when the placebo-effect doesn't work for that day.
5. Your boss saying your color has come back in your face after the nausea-part is over! (I really enjoy my boss so this was comical!)
6. Having to get off of the treadmill 6 times during my 4-5 mile run to go to the bathroom...oh the joy of a little one on the bladder.
7. The "freak out" moments when I call my mom or talk to Gayla and they reassure me that i'm ok and i'll be ok.
8. Not having a pregnant belly for a while. That's part of the fun of pregnancy, right!
9. Taking naps. I'm usually not a nap taker but this has taught me to become one!
10. Not being able to eat as much because there's no more room.

Top 10 things i've loved during pregnancy:

1. Excited grandparents: Hearing my mom giggle every time I've called her on the phone. She'll ask about Bella and i'll say she's doing fine. And, mom will just giggle for a while! Hearing dad giggle and say "awe" and seeing him feel her move for the first time! Hearing Susy say "I just can't believe it" over and over when she first found out. When Tommy introduced me as "This is our daughter-in-law. She's carrying our grandbaby" at Christie's wedding. The no-name phase has begun!
2. Feeling her reach up to touch Mike's hand and keep it there for a while. Already holding her daddy's hand.
3. Showing off the belly!!!!!!!!!! And, having a little more color in my face...this is a big deal from a very blonde, pasty, non-tanned girl.
4. Being introduced to meat! I've never been much of a meat eater until pregnancy and i'm actually enjoying it now. Before, I could live off of hummus and cucumbers. Now, I've craved meat and cheese the most throughout pregnancy...this little girl is going to be an athlete. I do have to say that this is one of Mike's favorite parts of pregnancy too! When we were in our childbirth classes, the teacher asked all the fathers what there favorite part of pregnancy was. The other dads said "the excitement of feeling her" or "knowing i'll see the baby soon"...you know, the sweet daddy things. What did my honest hubby say? "My wife likes meat!" One of the funniest moments so far!
5. Being able to spend a LONG time doing nothing except laughing while we are playing with her.
6. Getting the belly looks at Walmart or at work!!! I think I may have mentioned that before!
7. Laughing while i'm running when she moves around. Maybe she is running too! I'm glad i'm on a treadmill though because I get excited about having a baby and can't go any faster. Yay for a steady pace that I have to follow!
8. Did I mention how fun it is to have the belly!!!
9. Waddling a little bit lately!
10. The sheer joy, amazement, blessing, and privilege of our Itty Bitty Smithy. Thank you Lord for entrusting her to Mike and I.

2 comments:

HaleyP said...

I love your top 10 things! I too loved when people gave me that sweet smile when seeing my big belly sticking out. It gave me a thrill everytime! If I wouldn't throw up 3 times a day for the first four months...I think I would have baby after baby! There is nothing like seeing your sweet baby after such a long wait. My fear now is not making it to the hospital..a 40 minute drive...and I only labored 2 hours total with my second. Home birth...no way Jose! :)

The Gossmanns said...

Great post! I just can't wait to meet Itty Bitty Smithy!!!!