Wednesday, September 24, 2008

36-37 weeks...a shower....and a sister

I am now 24 days until our due date - about 3 weeks to go! We had our second weekly visit and everything looks great for Bella and I. So, now it's just the waiting game. Over the past few weeks, my great friends at our church threw me a FANTABULOUS baby shower, complete with baby food tasting, "decorate-your-angel-food-cake-something-baby", and try to measure Emily's stomach with a piece of string. The baby food tasting was, uhm, gross at times. Poor kiddos for having to eat some of that stuff. I'll definitely have to try the flavors out or make my own for little Bella. I decorated my angel food cake like a face with a really big smile. However, the icing was a little droopy so it looks like a lot of slobber instead of a big smile. Maybe Bella will smile really big and drool a lot!! The next game was so much fun. The girls had to guess my waistline with a piece of string. And, now my bestess friend, Christina, guessed the closest. Gotta love a girl who doesn't overestimate a prego stomach. But, some others who will remain semi unnamed (aka. Holly and Allison) guessed way, way over what my size is. Uhm, depressing prego moment. Just kidding! It caused a lot of laughs!!



My sister was so sweet in coming for the shower and it was great to have her here. We had some nostalgic moments throughout the weekend. When we were little, we used to make Peewee specials with our cousin Cybil at our grandmother's house. So, on a whim we decided to go get ice cream and Oreos and introduce the fantastic creation to Mike. It was fun doing that again with her. All in all, it's been great so far! And, we are super excited for the wee one to join our family.

1 comment:

Allison Hogue said...

yes, the peewee special!

by the way - I didn't measure your stomach WAY off for hte record. Although i did grab the scissors at the last minute but wasn't too bad....:)

love ya