Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fall in North Carolina

Hello everyone! Welp, the semester is nearly over - halleluyer! And i'm catching up on the blogging. It's been a month, y'all. Sorry about that! It's been a beautiful month though!  Fall is my favorite season and i've been looking forward to being in the East for the colors for a while now.  I think i've said numerous times a day, "Mike, look at that leaf-tree-leaf-tree"...poor guy!  It's beautiful here though!  I went running outside one Saturday and could have won a race - it was so pretty...it made me excited...I ran quick!  So, to start off my catch-up-blogs-o-marathon - here is what we've been doing this fall.

Little muscle man is getting more hair - and it's looking red. woo!
Little Miss B is hysterical, sweet, and strong-willed!  I bought her ten packs of smiley-face and star stickers the other day.  Right before bedtime, she was sitting with her daddy watching a cartoon. He fell asleep...so, what did our sweet little gal do? Proceed to gently put about 30 stickers all.over.him. When I came back in the room from putting JT down for the night, he was covered! 
Awwww, sweetness.  Random pic.  But it's so sweet to not post!
One of the things I wanted in a house was "North Carolina" trees. You know - the ones that have leaves that change colors. The ones that are big and provide shade. More than one per house. You get the picture. Well, did we get that or what!  What I didn't think of are ALLL of those leaves that would fall!  I think Mike has bagged 20+ bags and we haven't even touched the back yard. And, the front yard needs a do-over. I see beautiful trees and colors...my husband sees raking and raking and raking.

Little Miss decided to help.  She dressed herself too - in all pink!


Then she got tired and laid down to watch Daddy finish the job.



Here's our front yard.  Depending how you look at it - beautiful trees? back-breaking raking for hours on end???



Happy fall everyone. Wait what? It's December? oops, i'm catching up!

No comments: