Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stinky park

I grew up in the small town of Lovington, New Mexico. A small town in Southeastern New Mexico. A small town where I started kindergarten with most of my classmates I graduated with. A small town where you could leave your doors unlocked. A small town where you could hangout at the local supermarket because everyone shopped there. A small town where you drove the "drag" in the evening (note: the "drag" consisted of the main street that wasn't.very.long.at.all). A small town where everybody knows your name (are you singing the Cheers song now?). And a small town that...wait for it...had the stinkiest park in the West. Chaparrel Park was located at the edge of town and had the slides and a lake (read: little bitty body of water) and swings and running path (read: little bitty running path) and picnic tables. However, this park was located next to the sewage plant. Now, how did this happen? I have no idea. But obviously it's not too conducive to enjoying the park thoroughly. You just knew that if you went to the park and the wind was just right...you would smell the stink! And since it was Southeastern New Mexico, the wind blew alot so the stink happened alot too. But since it's the only place in Lovington with water (read: itty bitty lake) we took Bella.

All kidding aside, it really is a good little park with lots of memories. Bella decided to would run all over the place. She kept my dad busy in keeping up with her. Notice he's laughing in this picture trying to hold her hand?

Jonathan and I hung out that night. Look at how big he is? This carrier is supposed to fit him until he's a year or two old. However, I did have to do a little stuffing to get him in!
And, we're off.
I LOVE these pictures of the four of us.

Grab your kleenex on this one.
Notice he's grabbing her hand? I think she would have jumped in if we would have let her.



My daddeo and me.

The park also has killer ducks. Bella went by herself to go feed the ducks. But after they immediately started nipping at her feet and attacking, she soon retreated to my dad. I don't think he minded at all. Jonathan was unamused...probably because he couldn't move in that carrier.



We hope you enjoyed your summer!


No comments: