Monday, August 22, 2011

Bella's time with Granddad and Neena

Bella LOVES it at Granddad and Neena's house. She is an outside gal so my dad's backyard is an oasis of fun for her. Hence, the majority of these pictures were taken outside. My parent's backyard is also an oasis/retreat for me so I enjoyed it too!

Bella learned how to play crochet with mine and Allison's set! Our dad taught how us to hit the ball too. Awww, sweet memories!

She spent ALOT of time in this swing.
She also spent some time pouting. I can't remember why she was pouting. But i'm glad the 'pout face' was caught on camera.
Here she is singing "Some day my prince will come" and other Snow White/Cinderella songs with my dad. See how he's laughing? She was so serious when she was singing! And she was singing into the mirror...our little actress!
I never really liked to play with barbies growing up. But my sister did. So my mom pulled out all of Allison's Barbie stuff and Bella LOVED it. She's got some girly-girly tendencies in her - which is just fine. She mixes that with liking to play in the dirt and I think she's well rounded.

My dad had these 4 frog figurines that Bella named "Daddy frog, Mommy frog, Bella frog, Jon-Ben frog".
She was very gentle with them too.
And the fish pond! She fed the fish nearly every morning with Granddad. Notice she still has her pajamas on? She wanted to go straight to the backyard when she got up. One morning she had her feet dangling in and turned around to see where Granddad was going...and fell right in! So at 7:30 am, I hear Bella crying, I see my dad half laughing and half mortified, I see my dad carrying a SOAKING wet Bella to the house, and Bella's gets her first bath of the day.
She also fed the turtles in the backyard. They like cantaloupe and cat food and will eat it out of your hands. My dad sounds like Dr. Dolittle doesn't he?Turtle

Dad put her to work watering! No free rides in this house.
Bella wanted to have a tea party. (Told you she had some girly-girly tendencies in her.)
She would pour the tea...
and then we would klink our cups together...

and say "awwww" after having our drink.

My mom got out alot of our old toys for her to play with.


No comments: