Friday, April 1, 2011

Baby shower for Baby Smith

As you can see by the title of the blog, we do not have a name picked out yet. That's ok though. Maybe we'll need to "see" him in person to "see" what name works. Or maybe we'll decide before then. I do promise I will let you know either way. A couple of weeks ago, we went to our sweet church in Milano. Mike co-pastors Liberty Community Church with another preacher - so one Sunday it's a "Baptist" Sunday and the next is a "Methodist" Sunday. Really, it's just one, big, happy, loving family that we are SO SO grateful and thankful for. They have been family to us since we've been there. We started going when Bella was 3 months old - so, literally, they have seen her grow up. And, I don't think she minds having 20 extra grandparents to woo over her! ha! Two Sundays ago was just a normal Sunday for us. Because I was 34 weeks pregnant, I had to go to the restroom for the 6th time that morning (and it was only 8:45am). So, I walked into the fellowship area and was greeted with LOTS of balloons and baby boy decorations and women getting food ready. I ruined the surprise! But I told them they can't expect a prego woman to not need to go to the bathroom every hour. =) They understood and it was still such a WONDERFUL surprise to both myself and Mike. Y'all, the decorations were just wonderful. And, of course, the fellowship with our "Liberty family" was just as sweet. I didn't bring my camera (hence, the surprise) so we'll have to work with these pictures from the iphone. I also didn't wear water proof mascara. But, that's ok. Since I held it together during the shower and only cried on the way home, I could reapply the mascara once I got home. ha!

Y'all, this picture does not do the decorations justice. It was so sweet. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the tables too.

And the cake! Yummy and so blue!
Here's all the precious ladies that were present! They are so special to me.
Here's Bella about three minutes out the door. She was tuckered out! Once the car was loaded, Mike went into the church to gather his bible and sermon notes. Little Miss went straight to the piano, which is beginning to be a norm these days. Notice the glasses? Yep, too cool for school.

I love this one!
We loaded up the balloons in the car from the shower and Bella played with them until they ran out of helium. Where's Bella? There she is! You should have seen how sneaky she was to scare me!
There she is again!
Uh, oh. She let go.
"MOMMYYYYY.....BBBOOOONNNSSSS"
Here's just SOME of the presents. He got his first bible. And notice the birdhouse. It was a sweet homemade present from Granny Ruth and Pop (aka. AD and Ruth Lagrone). On a side note, you should hear Bella say "Pop". It's adorable. Here's his first bathing suit. There is nothing sweeter than a little one in a bathing suit - with alllll of his rolly-polly-baby-fat-rolls. Can I get an amen! I love this onesie that says 'Squirmy'. It certainly fits his personality in the womb.
Thank you, Liberty Family, for the tangible gifts you gave us and the simple gift of YOU!

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

Yay for you!! You're SUPER close! So excited!! And next week will be a great milestone too. No more week 36. Woo-hoo!

Adorable swimsuit.. can't wait to see a little boy in it. :)