Friday, March 18, 2011

Just because these make me smile

The weather has been beautiful here in Central Texas lately. We have found ourselves outside alot these days. Fortunately, we can walk to a park down the street. Well, maybe we run to the park. Bella LOVES to go on the "shlide" and "schwing". Every time we turn the corner to our street in the car she'll point to the park and say "This way, Mommy!". She has always loved the outside, which makes my heart happy.

Here's a cute story of our outside adventures. I took her out the other day to go get the mail. As I turned to walk back to the house, she semi-turned her body, gave me a "look" (you know, the toddler look of "I wonder if I can get away with this plan") and started RUNNING down the street to the park. So, this 8.5 month prego lady dropped all of the mail and all our bags, (we were about to go run errands) took off after her, scooped her up, and had to carry her the rest of the way home - along with the mail and our bags and her teddy bear and her stroller. Phew, i'm glad i'm still running because she is a fast little-thang. She did the same thing to Mike the other day too as he was out in the front yard. Little stinker!

We are also enjoying being in the backyard, swinging in our swing (Thanks to the Smith Grandparents for that present!) for long periods of time, catching up on the day, and letting Bella play. Mike water the first flowers of the season (lilies and tulips) and Bella just had to help.

Here's our documentation of our little gardener / completely-soaked-little-gal!

Right before these pictures were taken, Mike and I were chatting away while Bella was playing with the water. She decided to turn the nozzle on herself and before I could get to her to say "Don't do that!", she started spraying herself about 2 inches away! It startled her so badly that she couldn't let go of the water. And, this loving momma was laughing to hard to try to help say "Release the nozzle!"...I know, I know. Mother of the year. Once she finally got the water off, she just looked at us with this stunned face and her little bottom lip began to quiver. So, Father of the Year (aka. Mike) jumped up, grabbed the nozzle, and started spraying himself. She finally started laughing at that and said "Mommy?". No, I didn't spray myself but Mike sprayed himself again. We're just one big, happy, wet family! Oh the things you do for your children!
"I help you, daddy?" (Read: Will you help me, Daddy?)
"Ready...Set...GO!"
"Push right here."
She's so proud of herself!


I hope everyone is enjoying March/nearly spring time like we are!

No comments: