Thursday, April 14, 2011

Jonathan: Delivery and Day 1

Bella is at school. Mike is at school. Grammy is out shopping. Jonathan is full and squirmy and sqweaking. We're sunbathing at the moment to get rid of jaundice. And, i'm enjoying the quiet and stillness of the moment. I have LOVED going back and looking through these pictures of Jonathan's delivery. Although it was a whirlwind of about 6 hours, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I'll be posting other blogs to catch us up on where we are. But for now i'll start with the delivery and first few hours.








Granddad got the first hold from the grandparents.
Y'all, he is so tiny!
What a sweetie!

Nana and Granddad holding him for the first time.
I could NOT get enough of him. I could have eaten him up during this whole time! Awww, if I could back and relive these moments I totally would.
Daddy holding him.
We were both tired!
These are so tiny, y'all!

Look at our loonnngg boy!




Granddad was helping Bella warm up to her baby brother. She was not sure about him at the beginning. But, they started counting his toes and things got better.






The happy family! (minus Bella who still did not know what to think of everything going on.)
As an update, Jonathan went down to 6 pounds 1 ounces and is up 2 ounces since discharge. He has jaundice so we are on a feeding and pooping frenzy in this household to try to get it out of his system. And, sunbathing every few hours helps too. He is a great nurser and feeds a lot! I think he's going to be a big boy. He eats every 2-3 hours, except during the late night hours of 9ish-midnightish. Then he's eating every hour! I guess he stocks up because he sleeps for a 3 hour stint until morning. He is opening up his eyes more and more to explore the new world. Because he is a preemie, we are really having to watch his body temperature. He gets cold really easy so we've been doing a lot of kangaroo care. With my hormones going crazy from the preeclampsia, this makes me hot! But that's ok. It will warm his up faster. ha! Bella is warming up to him and wants to hand me his blankets or hat or come see what he's doing. She's been so sweet with him and I know it will continue to get better. As for the parents, we are good and tired! But good and thankful. And very thankful to have the help of the grandparents here!

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

He's beautiful. It's SO amazing to see that you had him in you, then he came out so perfect, already being an adorable little human. Just amazing! SO happy for you that it's all gone so well!