Friday, April 22, 2011

Last of the hospital pics

I promise this is all of the hospital pics! Expect lots of new pics coming soon! I just want to make sure these all get in the baby book!

Here is our rockstar OB!! I LOVE HER! She delivered Bella too and will always be so special to us. It was her great intuition and attention as a doctor that caught my preeclampsia early. So, i'm very thankful for her listening ear and knowing that something wasn't quite right.LONG feet!
Daddy holding his son within the first few hours.

And the first bath.
I'm working on lots and lots of posts so stay tuned for lots and lots of pictures.

As an update, we are all doing better. Jonathan is still fighting off his jaundice so we have to continue going to the doctor every other day. We are on a feeding frenzy trying to get the bilirubin reduced! He also had his first growth spurt yesterday so let's just say he was an eating fool! At today's doctor's appointment, he was 6 pounds and 10 ounces - we have officially passed his birth weight. And, i'm not sure how I feel about it. =) I think i'm kindof sad because now I know how quickly they grow up - from experience with Bella. I'm trying to capture moments in my head as much as I can with this little man. He is so sweet and great for my blood pressure. ha!

I'm doing much better. I had one more scare where I went back to the hospital - that was the worst blood pressure reading of them all - and it was scary for Mike and I! Once I knew my blood pressure was going up at home, I had to give Jonathan to Susy and leave in tears to the hospital while I waited for Mike to get there from school. Not fun! They gave me more medication and it finally came down away from the scary-seizure readings (literally). My OB increased my dosage of medications to take daily and, thankfully, i've had three mostly good days. I think we have turned a corner and hopefully have the preeclampsia under control. I also haven't cried today so that's a good thing. ha! Little Jonathan is the best thing that could have happened for my blood pressure. My readings could be in the 150s/90s and after nursing him, they typically go down to 120s/80s. Perfect little cure!

Thanks to all who have prayed and checked in on us. It has meant more to me than I can tell you!

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

Oh Emily- I can't believe all of the preclampsia issues you've had. I'm so sorry.. I never understood how much it could keep effecting you. I pray and hope it ends soon and you can start settling into your new role as a mother of two.

Keep us updated.

Thanks for the pics.