Friday, December 31, 2010

Sweet baby boy Smith!

Introducing Sweet Baby Boy Smith!! Most, if not all, of you know that we are pregnant with our first boy! I am now 21 weeks along and have been so bad in taking pictures of my weekly belly updates. However, there has not been much to update since it is taking forever to show! They said you would show quicker with your second one...well, not for me!

So far here are some of the remarks i've received:
"It looks like you have gas" - said by a friend at 19 weeks.

"Can I ask a weird question? Are you pregnant with a baby to be born in May or are you adopting?" -said last week at 20 weeks.

"You must have just found out you're pregnant" - said last week by a Lovington friend while I was telling her I was pregnant.

So, yes i'm pregnant.

No, it's not gas.

Yes, I'm ready to fit into maternity pants and get those "looks" from people at work or walmart or...

All kidding aside, we are thrilled to have a healthy baby boy and look forward to meeting him in May.

Bella calls him "Bro" and will wave to my stomach to say hi. However, she does that to other people's stomachs so we're still working on it.

Here are some of the belly shots...

10 weeks - Dancing at my sister's wedding.
16 weeks - Pictures with my mom.
20 weeks - And, this is where we are currently! The "non-gas" belly is coming...woohooo!!!

3 comments:

The Reeds said...

So excited for you! Congratulations! And you look beautiful. I'm sure you'll be showing like crazy before you know it.

ashley said...

Oh Em, I want you to have a "I'm not gassy, I'm fo sho' pregnant" belly too! It's coming, don't worry! So I turned 18 weeks on Friday- are we exactly 3 1/2 weeks apart again???

TeamRB said...

Congratulations! There is something so wonderful about watching your only child become an older sibling. Especially when Baby #1 is a little girl. It is so awesome to see that mothering nature while she loves on baby just like you and Mike love on her. Please tell Sarah that I love her.
Rebekah Bergren