Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas with the Smith's

As always, it's simply refreshing being with family during the holidays. And this trip to Amarillo did not dissapoint. Aunt Christie and Uncle Joey were great hosts to ALL of us.

As you can tell, Bella enjoyed dancing with her new toys and with the family.
Grammy and PawPaw bought her a jack in the box with a sock monkey. She'd get so excited every time it opened!
Well, we all would get excited!
Opening up LOTS of presents, including a microphone to sing in. I'm sure she'll put that to good use.
One night we went looking at Christmas lights. Bella was so sweet and held Grammy and PawPaw's hands...


then,
She got really tired and decided to pull their hair. Bella's parents, located in the backseat, were trying to discipline her while the grandparents kept laughing. Oh well. I guess the grandparents really do let the grandkids do what they want...even when it hurts.
The grandparents came down for the Christmas service at our precious church, Liberty Community Church. Susy and I talked about having one of those moments where we were just overwhelmed with thankfulness. Mike was preaching, I was playing the piano, Bella was running all over the place, Mike and I had a son that was rolling in my belly, and loving extended families. Something about Christmas time slows down the "world" and makes you say "thank you".

And, thank you I do say for my precious family!
Get ready for pictures from the Hogue side Christmas!

No comments: