Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to the dads in my life. Here's where we were last year http://ittybittysmithy.blogspot.com/2009/06/fathers-day-beware-tears-full-steam.html...crazy isn't it! Those words certainly still hold true today.

This morning was a great Father's Day sermon by Mike that incorporated our sweetie Bella. He was talking about how Bella imitates everything we do - for example, this weekend we were in Houston with his parents. PawPaw was playing with a farm animal puzzle with Bella and was teaching her what the cow says...moooo. Mike is retelling that story in church and when he said "what does the cow say" she started mooing! It was so cute and everyone got a good laugh about it.

So, with that said I wanted to say a little somethin' somethin' to the dads in my life

...Dad, thank you for giving me a great example to imitate. The older I get the more special you become to me. And the more precious your hugs are. And the more important are your wise words and conversations. And the more life giving are both us working in the garden together...I love you more now than ever. I now have the privilege of you passing that onto Bella. You are the best daddeo in the world! - Emi


Tommy, I am well aware that not everyone gets fantastic inlaws when they get married. I certainly are so grateful that I do not have inlaws but inloves. Thank you for loving me and laughing with Bella - even when it brings you to tears!

And to Mike. I know this Father's Day is a little bittersweet and I have seen you walk through the past few months with so much grace and strength with me and for me. And I am very thankful for it. At times, I don't think I could love you anymore than I already do or respect you more than I already do. And then I do. I love you beyond words and look forward to many more Father's Day with you. I think Bella's face in these next pictures tell you what she thinks of you.

3 comments:

Christina and Toby said...

so sweet! Emily, you have such a way with words...tear! :)

The Reeds said...

Great fathers are a great blessing! Our pastor had all of the fathers stand up in church today- I wish there were more fathers in church.

Amanda said...

Bella is absolutely adorable!!!