Saturday, May 16, 2009

This little piggy went to the Partin's.....

Last weekend we made a fantastic trip to South Carolina to see our "family" there!!! The preceding week I was singing a song during bath time that went "this little piggy went to Aunt Gayla's...this little piggy went to Uncle Mark's...this little piggy went to the Partin's....". So, i'm certain Miss B was ready to meet her Aunt Gayla and Uncle Mark. And, I had a hard time not running through the airport to get to them! If you know the Partin's you will agree with me that they are truly special people. And, they are family and best friends to Mike and I. We had a wonderful time spending time with them. It was one of those trips where it felt like you were there for a week but really it was only a couple of days. It was filled with reconnecting with some precious friends of ours and showing Bella South Carolina. And, I thoroughly enjoyed running again at Swan Lake too! We were able to see the majority of our friends at church on Sunday and at Tonya's house on Monday. I also went to Columbia to see Sara, one of my best friends, and Swann, my friend, mentor, and role model, on Monday. Even though we've been gone for nearly two years, South Carolina holds a special place in our heart. Stay tuned for the plane-poopy-diaper-spit-up-ALL-over-daddy-miss-our-flight-get-stuck-in DFW-and-all-rental cars-are-sold-out-at-11pm-saga!!! Mike will post that blog later.

First night with Mark and Gayla
Fun times with Gayla!
Bella loved Mark!
Bella would throw herself back on us and laugh! Obviously, so would we!
Happy girl!
Bella is saying, "Look at me...I'm with mommy and Aunt Gayla!"


Aunt Gayla gave me a measuring cup and it kept me occupied for a while!! I loved to chew on every part of it!
I had my first taste of cantaloupe with Aunt Gayla and loved it! I kept going back for more!
Bella wanted some water...and she was quick and nearly got some!
One of the most precious captured moments of the trip - Mark was having to tell Bella goodbye before he went back to work and she just laid her head on his shoulder. And, if you know Bella you know that is big deal as she likes to be on-the-go and wiggling all the time. Yes, tear-jerker then and tear-jerker even as I write this.I went to see my girlies on Sunday night at Tonya's house. We were having a such a great time, which entailed LOTS of LOUD laughter and talking, that we completely missed the huge thunderstorm that came through (lightning, thunder, and hail!). Mike called me and left a message saying that I should stay at Tonya's until the storm passed. What? There was a storm?!? We all missed that memo! Love love love you girlies!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You had a baby that "likes to be on-the-go?"

Wow...shocking.

I know who she gets that from! :o)

The Gossmanns said...

Aww! What a great trip! There is nothing like spending time with people who are just like family. Sounds like y'all had a blast!

Let's get together soon and cook out or have a play date. We miss you guys!