Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ode to carrots!

We finally started Miss B on solids. And, what I mean by "starting" is letting her taste it. We are starting on veggies first hoping she'll acquire a liking to those before she tastes the sweetness of fruit. Maybe I can rub off my LOVE of cucumbers and lima beans (that my mom used to make - yummo) and brussel sprouts and edamame and carrots...uhm, so they probably don't have brussel sprout or edamame baby food. But, since i'm hoping to make my own I guess I could try. (Poor kid!) It took a little while for her to taste something different but then she was lunging for the spoon. Woohoo!!! Go for healthy kiddo! I know this is just another phase in her (and our) life but i'm going to miss the dependency she has on me for food. One of my main prayers for her is to be independent and true to herself. But, does the independence have to come so quick. You mommies in blog world (uh hum, Ashley) have empathized with this too - glad to know we all go through it!
**************************************************************************************

"I'm not sure about this you guys!" "What? This isn't milk?" "Ok, yummy! Or, I think daddy's really funny trying to take pictures and do the video camera."Lunging for the carrots. woohoo!
Love this one! Looks like she's trying to jump out!
Daddy decided to give it a try
Look at that sweet face!

2 comments:

ashley said...

I LOVE the pics! Too funny. Grace HATES carrots I've decided. Last night Dan had to distract her with a chip clip and she would open her mouth just wide enough to laugh and I would sneak them in. It is certainly fun, but I hate letting go of her "all-babyness"

nicole said...

Hi Emily & Mike. This is Nicole Doane from Wayland. Emily Stewart shared your blog with me. I just had my 1st little girl, Abby, as well. She turned 9 months last week.

Let me recommend http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ if you plan on making your own baby food. It's a great guide. Making the food is actually quite easy. Don't get discouraged about introducing solids. Abby is still nursing while enjoying all kinds of fun new foods. Good luck.

Check out my blog at www.xanga.com/nicolemb