Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Visit with Aunt Sara and Uncle Jake


Our good friends from South Carolina, Sara and Jake, came this past week to good ole' Texas! We had a great time and even took them to experience Texas style BBQ, which is very different than SC BBQ. Bella got to meet them too, which was her first SC "family" member to meet. After a little warming up to the new people, she loved her Aunt Sara and Uncle Jake. These two are some of the neatest people i've ever met and love calling Sara one of my best friends. Everyone would be better off to know these two! Sara was my dear friend from the epidemiology MSPH world in SC and is one of those people who I can be totally myself around. There are only a couple of people in my life who are like that and Sara is definitely a treasure to me! Miss ya'll! Here are some fun pictures from their visit here.
Playtime with Jake!
Mike made us yummy pancakes Saturday morning while we played with Bella!

Bathtime with Sara!


Bella updates from this past week:
1. She had her 4 months shots and checkup. She weighs 14 lbs 12 oz and is 24 inches long! That puts her in the 75 percentile now.
2. She rolled off of Mike's lap and is officially rolling from her back to her front when we lay her on the bed. I think she's finally beginning to figure how to do that.
3. She has found her feet!! My good friend at work, Mel, has been telling me for a while about this moment. And, it is as cute as she said it would be. We sit her in her bumbo chair and she'll try to get her feet in her mouth. Poor thing gets so frustrated because she can't get to them ! I think she's also making the connection that they are her feet. She'll look at them and watch them move and get the funniest little inquisitive look on her face. Then, of course, she'll grab them and tries to get them in her mouth.
4. She continues to put everything in her mouth and slobber, slobber, slobber!
5. And, she is still smiling everywhere!

No comments: