Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bella update

Sweet Bella, you are a treasure to us! You keep us laughing and make us dance. You give funny faces in the morning. You are soaking up what you're learning at school work. We love you and are certainly proud of you!

Our spunky 5 year old is just growing up, y'all! She's learning to read like a champ and wants to read everything. It's incredible how quickly they learn, isn't it? Last month she was doing sight words and now she's doing full sentences. She brought home her first homework project where she had to read just one page in a book - and she read it all! Ata' girl.

She wants to come and study with me at "her" desk in the study room at home. My desk is right behind her. She knows it's time to be quiet and work. But, she kept coming over to whisper something to me. It was pretty cute. I kept telling her, "remember to be quiet" and she'll say "Oh, I forgot". Then 2 minutes later we would do that again. So cute!
She is thriving at school and is a social butterfly (the teacher's words, not mine). She got invited to her first sleepover (which sent into a panic attack), got asked for her phone number from a gal-friend, and has brought home some presents from her friends. It's adorable, y'all! I think I should exchange presents with my friends.
I had to teach a class on misclassification and this picture made it into my slideshow. The students may not have heard what I said but I got some great smiles when this popped up on the screen.

Can you tell she likes to read? Poor thing couldn't even make it in her bed. Face plant! That's the way to go to bed.

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

How did you deal with the sleepover request? I'm not ready for that yet.Phone numbers? Sleep overs???.. eeeeek!