Saturday, November 16, 2013

Playing in the leaves

Are you singing "It's the most wonderful time of the year" with me? Wait, no? It's fall y'all! That means it is the most wonderful time of the year. Or maybe to my tree-huggin' self it is.

You see, I grew up in New Mexico - which could also be named "land devoid of trees or greenish anything". At least in my part of Eastern New Mexico. Now, don't get me wrong. You simply cannot beat a New Mexico sunset! Or the beauty of the desert. But, we did not have many trees. We had one tree in the backyard and I remember my dad raking all 15 leaves up in a pile (ok, it was more than that). Then, my sister and I would run and jump in them! I love that I could do that with my kids now. But, here in North Carolina we have about 15,000 leaves to rake up and play in. (Poor Mike usually has to do them all.) We have fun in them until they get mulched!

Enjoy fall, y'all! And go play in some leaves!






"Ready, set, go!"


Is there anything more freeing than this picture!

We don't believe in the entitlement mentality for out kiddos. Hence, we all chip in and work around here.














I had to get in on the soccer fun! This little gal is good!

Happy fall y'all!

No comments: