Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer fun in the oasis of New Mexico

Ok, so the title can be deceiving. New Mexico is a desert, not at oasis. We don't have much water or trees or flowers. But, we do have my parent's backyard - and that is pretty much all the beauty you need for the entire drought-stricken state. (As an aside, I think New Mexico is beautiful. The flat land, the never ending sunset, the dry weather, and it's home.) This summer, I traveled with the kiddos and my sister to New Mexico where we spent lots of time in the backyard. I hope you enjoy some of the pictures of the beauty my dad has created.

JT loved to feed the fish every morning. And afternoon. And night. And so did Bella. Those fish were definitely well fed while we were there.


We also spent time in the swing.

Isn't this adorable! My dad has this fun wagon he landscapes with. So, JT decided to take him for a ride!
Bella then joined in and off they went around the backyard.


Then, Aunt Alli joined in!

Jonathan went over and over and over this bridge. He was pretty proud of himself.




I think he was hunting for butterflies in this picture. He let the entire neighborhood know when he found one.



Now, we're getting brave and touching the water!
















To round out every night we had ice cream in the gazebo. Just typing that sentence makes me relaxed. Awww, summer time!


Stay tuned for more fun posts of our time with my parents.

No comments: