Thursday, March 21, 2013

First family hike 2013

Spring is coming! And with that comes some beautiful weather in North Carolina. So last weekend we decided to take advantage of the weather and travel to the Eno River State Park. What's really cool about that state park is we can literally walk to it from our house. We packed a lunch, all put on hoodies, and started off. The hike to the river lasted a little longer than anticipated - mainly because our little man wanted to pick up every.single.pinecone and show it us. And then he wanted to show us every.single.leaf and show us.  It was pretty cute! We found our picnic table overlooking the river and just sat there.  I think three or four times Mike and I said, "Do we really live here?" We didn't have to go 3 hours to get the mountains or stress out on packing. We just went around the corner. Needless to say, we will be doing that a lot this spring and summer! I hope you enjoy the pictures.




I love this picture!  This little gal loves her daddy and her daddy loves her.
Our little man is talking a lot lately! He grabbed my hand and said, 'C'mon" and started walking on the trail.  What a cutie!


He's having a conversation with me here. But I have no idea what he said. I just agreed.

This whole day was filled with me saying "thank you" over and over again. Like looking down at Jonathan while we were walking. My heart could have burst in that moment.


After we went to the park, we decided to work in the backyard a little. Well, the kiddos "worked" by testing out the pillows.


He was trying to lay on the pillow like Bella was doing.

Happy spring everyone!

No comments: