Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sweet Bella - 3 years and 5 months

Our sweet Bella is growing like a weed lately - and if it's like the weeds in our front beds that are persistent ... she's growing alot!  I have to laugh when I put her clothes on and then go put JT's clothes on.  I can't keep Bella's pants on - little skinny minny!  And I can't button JT's. ha!  Also, JT can wear some of Bella's night clothes.  For example, I put him in one of her Elmo 2T shirts to sleep in the other night. And it fit. Sigh.

Bella is certainly blossoming in her tenacity and personality too.  We no longer say "strong willed" but rather "spirited".  (The reason behind this is for another blog for another time.)  Suffice it to say that our little gal is very spirited and persistent and tenacious and outgoing.  And, then she'll be the most compassionate little thing ever.  Her heart is so sensitive to people around her hurting these days.  We pray as parents that we can nurture that sweet heart along with her persistent spirit to be who "Bella" is.

One thing she likes to do lately with me is "be a big helper". That's what she calls herself. "I'm a big helper".  Even when that means clearing the dishes from the table and dropping every piece of crumb along the way to the sink.  It's helping though and I couldn't be more proud of her.  Nothing a little vacuum won't help, right?
Here's our helped washing dishes.
Well, kindof.
This is where we have been a lot lately!  This fabulous little courtyard has become one of our favorite spots to color and play and roam. 
It's also a great spot to play peek-a-boo with "brudder".

This is my view from the kitchen window over the sink.  Bliss, I tell ya!  Windows are open alot these days.
Here's a glimpse of my daily life with the kids.  Coloring, playdoh and epidemiological homework happening on this countertop.
Bella got some fun gifts from Neena and Granddad too.  She LOVES stickers right now. And glue. And colors. And more stickers.  I am finding stickers all over the house and her toys. ha!
Here's our little artist hard at work.  She's actually pretty good at coloring in the lines these days. And, gets very proud of herself when she does this. 
Some other updates for Bella:
-She is loving school.  She comes home and tells us "she played with her friends and didn't learn. Well, I learn a little bit." hysterical!
-She is still singing "A B C D E DADDY..." I am not going to correct her yet. It's so stinkin' adorable.
-Skinny minny is tallllll and skinny.  She wore an XS skirt today but it promptly fell off when we went outside to run. oops!  We need a belt.
-She likes to tell stories.  So we make them up in the bathtub.  I'll start it by saying, "Once upon a time there was a ___" and she'll say a "kangaroo" or a "princess" or a "strong dragon"...then the story progresses to her imagination's content.  This is one of my favorite times.
-She loves to run and play soccer and now wants to play basketball.
-Her new favorite question "what's that word mean?" Try to explain what the word 'cloud' or 'dragon' or 'patience' means to a persistent 3 year old.  And, I thought my PhD program was hard.

Sweet Bella, you are a delight.  We look forward to see you become more of who "Bella" is.

No comments: