Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Duke Gardens

One thing that we want to be as a family is to be outdoors - to enjoy nature - to not need electronics or devices or TV to satisfy us - to drink deeply of nature...ok, ok, so you all know I'm a tree hugger - sometimes literally. And I taught my daughter how to hug a tree in our front yard the other day. Come on now'

So, when we moved to North Carolina we were thrilled at all the nature around. Texas is beautiful, don't get me wrong.  But it was hard for us to find places that were pretty to go to in Central Texas.  Then the Smith family met Duke Gardens and other naturey areas around. Oh my word.  Score!

We bundled up before Spring officially came in and headed to feed the ducks.  I could look at this next picture for hours.  Just adorable!


I had JT. Y'all, look at how long he is on me.  He cracks me up!
Then Spring has officially arrived and it is beautiful here!  I took the kids to Duke Gardens to meet Mike for lunch one day last week.  Notice the double jogging stroller? I'm so stoked to get to use this thing!
This was our little picnic area.  Complete with Bella unpacking and repacking JT's bag. And with JT unpacking everything else to chew on.

Happy Spring everyone!

No comments: