Saturday, November 5, 2011

The "big" present

Our little gal loves to cook. She likes to cook with me. She likes to cook at school. She likes to cook at church. So we bought her a little play kitchen for her birthday. We got in from the mountains at around 6pm on Saturday and her daddy went promptly to work putting it together - I think the manufacturers called Ikea because it had a TON of parts.
I think I was more excited than she was.  After she went to bed, we decorated the living room with her presents and a banner.  I think I slept a little bit but I was definitely awake making sure she didn't get up through the night.  Here she is after coming down the stairs!

Little man had to get in on the action too.
We then had birthday breakfast complete with party hats.  She tried to put one on JT but I was afraid it would pop him. So he didn't join in!

Then we got ready for church.  Look at my 7 year old - I mean 6 month old!  He's so handsome!
And brother-sister love. My new favorite thing is to take their picture together. MOST of the time they are ok with letting me do this.



After church and naps, we played the rest of the day - complete with aprons.  We now spend a LOT of time playing in this kitchen.
"Hey mom. I want to play!"

Happy birthday sweet girl! We love you!

No comments: