Friday, November 4, 2011

Bella turned 3!

We took our little family of four to the mountains in Boone, North Carolina to celebrate Bella's birthday. We waited until we got home to give her the "big" present but we gave her a little present to prepare for the big one. Don't you love this face?!?

It was COOOLLLDDDD in the mountains. We wanted to take her to the Tweetsie Railroad but we had to wait until later in the day to go visit. And then we had to put lots of clothes on!


Bella was not quite sure what to think of the railroad the entire time...she hadn't really seen a gun before and they had a pretend indian-cowboy fight throughout the ride.  Our little lady may be a pacifist. =)


She wanted to ride the horse but did NOT want to smile. So daddy jumped in and she immediately smiled - little stinker!
JT was so warm and bundled up the whole time that he slept and looked around most of the day.
I went to go nurse JT and while I was out Bella and daddy went into the store.  Guess what she wanted? Yep, a pink cowgirl hat - so daddy obliged!
Our little adventurer wanted to go on the make-you-dizzy ride.  I love how you can barely see her face.
I love this picture.  Notice Mike hanging onto her and she is nearly in his lap!
Then we went on the boats. I was nervous she was going to jump in the water. =)
This cracks me up. She's sitting up so straight.

Mike took Bella with him and I took JT with me up this thing. It was HIGH. I think we both were hanging onto the kiddos extra tight.  I had JT strapped onto me but I still think I was squeezing the pieces out of him - poor kiddo.

I took both kids on the carousel. Bella loved it. JT just looked around. That was the theme of the day.


She now wears this hat around the house. She'll jump on her pet cheetah and say 'Yeehaw'. Hysterical!
That night we had birthday dinner and a birthday cake.  She wanted a dinosaur cake!  We talked about what type of cake she wanted for weeks before her birthday.  I gave her the option of princesses, fairies, Elmo, Winnie the Pooh, amongst others. And she chose dinosaurs!  At'a girl!  It was pink inside though so we added a little girly-element to it.
Here she is spitting all over the cake - I mean blowing out her candles.
Our little model. Once again. We are in trouble!

The rest of the weekend she wore the hat everywhere!
On our way back home, we took the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway for a scenic drive.  The many years we lived in South Carolina we never made it to see the leaves. We finally did this year and they did not disappoint!
I think Mike pulled over at nearly every stop!  "OOOh, look at that one"...they all looked the same but they were all beautiful. So I had to look at them!

The birthday gal and her daddy. I love these pictures!


And cute JT.  "JT, smile buddy!"
One more time. "Smile buddy"...oh well.

And that wraps up this post.  I think she had a great time.  I'll be posting another blog with her "big" present!

No comments: