Monday, July 19, 2010

Why girls always need their moms

Hi y'all! I have so much catching up to do on this blog. So, i'm starting back in May...oops! And i'll bring everyone up to speed on our travels and adventures lately. For now, here is the blog titled "Why girls always need their moms".

When Mike and I found out we had lost the baby our parents were the first to be called. Mike's parents were closer so they headed down for a couple of days - and just having them here was good for both Mike and I. (Susy and Tommy, I know we've told you thank you already but thank you again for all you did for us. And for being here with us through that time.) Allison was also a HUGE help during that - bringing supper, watching Bella ALOT, cooking, just being here, taking long walks. Then my mom called when everyone left. She told me the day we found out she would come straight over (after an 8 hour drive) and stay as long as we needed. I knew we would be ok for a while with Mike's parents and Allison so I initially told her no. I thought I would be ok. Then everyone left. And it was quiet. And we were sad. And mom called again. She asked the same question "Do you want me to come? I'll come right now." This I answered while trying to hide my crying and I said "Mom, I just don't think I can make a decision, any decision, right now". To this she answered "Ok i'm coming". To which I answered rather promptly "Ok". So, 8 hours later my mom was here. And it certainly was so nice. I don't think we talked much about losing the baby. But just having family here to "understand" meant the world to us. Mike and I were also able to go camping which did our hearts good! You can read about that here.

So, sometimes girls just need their moms. We need our moms to just say "i'm coming" and for us to say "ok". Even at 29 years old with a family and a mortgage and a job this stands true. Mom, thanks so much for coming and making the decision for me. Your presence is what I needed.

And what trip from my mom would be complete without some great (and lots) pictures! Enjoy.

I love this picture of Brad and Allison. Brad was rubbing Bella's shoulder and she "melted" when he would do that. It was hysterical! She is just like her daddy in liking getting massages!
And more shoulder rubbing. Check out that face...yep, she's enjoying it.
"I'm waiting Brad"...wrapped around her uncle's little finger already...
Bella and her Nana played outside alot during those days.
And Uncle Brad throwing Bella around again...and she loves it!
Little charmer! When did she become a teenager?
She was so sweet during this picture. I had a hard afternoon and she came to sit in my lap and proceed to laugh. Sweetie-pie!
Mom, you will laugh at this. For some reason, Bella started making an "old man face", as my mom calls it. She would suck in her cheeks, hide her teeth, and walk around. uhm, where did you learn that little lady?
Wait, another teenage shot???
I am in love with these curls! They get even curlier after we go out for our morning runs in the Central Texas humidity.
She enjoys sitting like a frog...for long periods of time...especially when she's eating Christina Cooper's yummy lasagna.
And, cheesin'. Little cutie.
This was a game that she played for, oh, a good 45 minutes. On the head - off the head - on the head - off the head...
She is too cute when she gives hugs!
Bella, where's your nose? And show me with some o' that attitude!
Eating bananas in the morning - one of her favorite foods.
And sleeping beauty.
That's all for this post! I hope you've enjoyed. Be ready for more grandparents pictures - from both sides. And documentation of our fun trip to Seattle!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

"So, sometimes girls just need their moms. We need our moms to just say "i'm coming" and for us to say "ok"."

This is so, so true. A few days before Hendrix was born, I started having unexplained anxiety attacks and had a strikingly similar phone conversation with my mom. She asked me if she should come, I told her I didn't know...I couldn't make decisions at that point. So she came and it's exactly what I needed.

I'm so sorry that you've had to walk this road, but I praise God that he's given you such a strong family to hold you and Mike up through it all.

Valencia's said...

The picture of Bella pointing to her nose reminds me of a picture of you that we saw at your grandmother's house. So sweet.

The Louders said...

Love this. Somethin' bout Mom! Almost makes me tear up just thinkin about it--cause they just know when we need 'em. My mom better outlive me...She has to! :)
I love the pic of Bella pointing to her nose...it has a sort of "vintage" look. Bella, you are just so cute! Keep making your mama laugh--it's important!

ashley said...

well I wasn't ready for the waterworks this morning! heavens, you think you are moving past things and then simple words remind you of how deep that pain goes. on to more important things:
I want to give bella a huge hug! look at her curls and sweet smile and big personality! she is so incredibly precious.
love you