Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Seeing the GREAT grandparents!

After Lovington, we headed to Lubbock to introduce my grandparents to their first great grandbaby. Mom and I had fun dressing Bella in a dress and coat that my Grandmother made. When I took her out of the carseat and handed her to Grandmother she got teary eyed and said "Look Granddaddy". Of course, after that I think we all cried. And, Granddaddy held her with his big, strong hands. Allison and I used to (and still do) put our hands in his and watch them disappear! It was a precious moment and i'm glad my mom captured it even through her own tears. I love this picture!!!

The hat Grandmother's mother made...so, my Great Grandmother and Bella's Great Great Grandmother.
Grandmother then fed Bella and while we were talking Granddaddy very nonchalantly said "It's coming out the side". (It was funny how calm he was about lots of yellow poo oozing out). Well, the sweet little great grandbaby had a major poo-poo and it was seeping out of her diaper onto Grandmother's nice sweater. We jumped up and tried to clean it up through laughter without making a bigger mess. Bella never seemed to know what happened...she was quite content rocking with Grandmother! And Grandmother kept feeding Bella. I think she's done this before...she's the veteran mother and truly is a GREAT GRAND mother. Allison and I will still sit in Grandmother's lap while she sings "Hush little baby". Every visit i've had to their house, i've had these special times before I go to bed. During this trip, I saw Grandmother holding Bella and singing to her while Bella just stared up contently at her Great Grandmother. Sweet, sweet times! The rest of the herd came over and we enjoyed Grandmother's turkey and dressing, watched hilarious home videos, and had a great time just hanging out. Here are some more fun pics. The fam playing Joker...complete with hats! Mike, Seymour, and I living it up on the farm! yeehaw for flannel! Good times with the girlie cousins doing what we do best!Cute picture of dad and Seymour with a fussy baby! 4 generations!
Sweet Wanda
Playing with Seymour
As you can tell Christmas was filled with very special memories! Thank you Lord for our families!

No comments: