Friday, December 5, 2008

6 weeks!!

We are 6 weeks old! I had my checkup yesterday and everything looked great! If you deliver at Scott and White, there is a song that is played all over the hospital to let them know a new baby has arrived. Since I work there, I was looking forward to hearing this song for my baby. And, it was so fun when I finally heard it in honor of Bella. Yesterday, I was in the waiting room and I heard that play again....and, yes, this new mommy did start crying! Then, when I was with the doctor it was the same room that Mike and I had our first ultrasound to finally see her sweet heartbeat. So, once again, this new mommy got all teary. I'm a mess! Such special memories and moments! During the day, Bella is becoming more and more playful. When she's fussy, Mike will pick her up to get some "daddy love". It's hysterical when he does that. He's also started giving her eskimo kisses and she loves them! This first picture is of the eskimo kiss and the following picture is her response and then one of him giving "daddy love". Precious!



When she sleeps, she burrows herself down like my mom says I used to do. Here's a picture of her sleeping all squished! And, here's her updated 6 week picture. I can't get her to look my way when she's looking at those giraffes. Happy month and a half, little one!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

soo cute! y'all should send me the pics from thanksgiving!! Bella is getting so big :)

Grammy Smith said...

AAAAWWWWWWWWW!! I love that smile. I can't believe how much she's changed in one week! I can't wait to see y'all again!

ashley said...

oh my gosh emily, she is just precious! isn't it the best? I love reading your blogs- they make me feel more sane! it can be so overwhelming and it's nice to know I'm not the only emotional mother around! love ya girl

Amanda said...

I can't get over how adorable little Bella is! She is just too cute for words. I hope I am able to meet her one day soon. I'm trying to plan a trip to Temple to visit Allison in the near future...