Monday, July 21, 2008

Grandmothers and friends...coming full circle

We traveled to Lovington, NM, my hometown, July 11th-14th for another baby shower. We had a fantastic time with my parents and spent most of the time outside in the gazebo until the grape vines. (For those of you that don't know, my dad is the king of plants and all-things-green...that's where I get my earthy-genes). Grandmother and Seymour (nickname for Granddaddy) came on Saturday for the shower which was a huge blessing! Grandmother gave me a handmade blanket with a precious story behind it. Her mother, my great-grandmother, and Bella's great-great-grandmother, Maw Maw, started crocheting a quilt, but only finished a little section of it. Grandmother recently finished it and gave it to Bella as a present. So, the hands that touched it are her precious great and great-great grandmothers. Needless to say, it was the best present we received that weekend. I definitely look forward to putting it in her room and wrapping her in it when it's cold outside. Thank you grandmother!



After the teary-eyed moment of the crocheted blanket, we headed to the shower. Part of this blog's title is 'coming full circle' because some of then women hosting this shower were actually hostesses and attendees at my own baby shower. We had a great time of laughing and ooohhing and awwwing and all the sweey baby items! Notice the cute swimsuit, hula skirt, sunglasses, and flip-flops! Priceless!!! It was fun to be there with my mom and be oohhing and awwwing over all the fun gifts!








To end the shower, I sat in grandmother's lap which is a tradition i've done for years...even though i'm 27 years old. We decided that my baby weight gain was still ok to sit in her lap. She usually rocks me and sings "hush little baby don't you cry..." but we can't ever remember all the words so we make it up. It was another sweet time with her and I look forward to Bella growing up rocking to that song too.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Emily -- you look so beautiful! I just happened to notice your bracelet in these pictures and it made me all emotional :) Give Bella a pat for me. I love you!