Monday, July 21, 2008

Bella's first....



I've dedicated this post to a list of Bella's first in California...her first trip to the ocean and her first book from her mom and dad. I am thoroughly enjoying being more and more pregnant these days. I wore tight shirts and enjoyed watching people look at my belly...finally!! We were on the bus ride home and I heard a husband whisper to his wife "how long" and his wife said "5 months". So, I made small talk with them and told them we were actually 7 months! But, at least people can tell!! Woohoo! We had a really fun time at the bookstore in Santa Barbara with all the great books. Shel Silverstein, Dr. Seuss, the New Kid on the Block collection, GoodNight moon...and other books we both read as kids. Although we could have spent gobs of money just on books, we decided to buy one at a time. So, we bought 'Oh, the places you'll go' by Dr. Seuss. We thought it was appropriate to read to our little girl and begin the dreaming process for her life.


The rest of the pictures are of her first trip to the ocean! And, she was active! She must have my dad's genes of loving the ocean!









3 comments:

what-to-do said...

OK, that first photo of you on the beach with the long flowing dress is absolutely stunning!! I think that is my all time favorite! It may even beat out your wedding photos, and you know those are my number one of ya'll!! You are such a beautiful couple!! Only 2 more months 'til we see photos of Bella!!! Yeah!!! I love this blog. I know it is a pain to make time for, but please don't stop. It is great!!!

PS - Tell Spidey I said "hey".

Anonymous said...

Emily and Mike,
I agree with Sharon, the pictures are awesome. I think it is awesome that you are just getting one book at a time. It will really mean more to you both. I look forward to ready more of your blog.

Blessings,
Kim

http://jesusfollower.wordpress.com/

jarcarhar said...

I AGREE...not very original, but appropriate! They are stunning pictures of you, Emily! Y'all will treasure those for your lifetime. How precious the blanket from your grandmothers...I got chills reading it. Hang in there...its worth it!