Saturday, April 18, 2015

Swoopin' in

Swoopin' in...

That's what we say when the moms come in.

My mom came for a visit in February and definitely swooped in. That means within an hour of her coming, she was washing the dishes while I was...ahem...standing near the sink and talking. Then I left for school and Mike for work and, when we came back, boom, the laundry was done, folded, and put away. The sheets were changed. The dishes were done. The kids barely noticed I walked in the door. "Oh hey mom...Neena is giving me lots of love today!"

Swoopin' in, y'all.

I'm sure Webster defines it as "the art of loving your adult kids so they can breathe". The phrase is also synonymous with free date nights with the hubs, free date lunches with the hubs, never-making-breakfast-lunch-or-dinner-for-a-week, and breathing in and breathing out. When my mom swoops in, I can breathe and have someone always there to talk to in a way that only a mom can. When my mom swoops in, my kids are loved in a way only a grandmother can. When my mom swoops in, did I mention I can breathe a little? It's such a blessing to really not have to worry about anything. Don't get me wrong, I love my work as a mother and all that entails. But it is nice to simply breathe and be loved from your mom. So, that's what swoopin' in means. Swoopin' in with loads of love, lots of help, and fantastic company. Thank you mom for all you do. And if you did nothing, your presence is always enough!






1 comment:

The Reeds said...

How sweet! Precious times for sure.