Saturday, April 11, 2015

Christmas post (really late!)

Uhm, y'all. Here's the Christmas post. And it's just January right? No? It's April? Oops. Well, better late than never. Can you tell my dissertation is in full swing!

My parents came down for Christmas and we had a grand time. The kids baked cookies and baked cookies and decorated more cookies. It was so fun and Granddad even got in the fun with wearing the aprons.

The kids also wrote letters to Santa and my parents took them to the big red mailbox at Macys. (I just love that Macys does that for kids!) Both kids put their letters in the mailbox. I asked the kids about giving the letters to Santa and Bella, very enthusiastically, told me all about her experience. JT looked a little confused and said Granddad made him throw his letter away. After a little more questioning, he said it was a big, red mailbox. Poor kid! It took a little bit of explaining that was a mailbox. I'm glad we cleared that one up! He would thought Granddad made him throw his letter away. ha! Check out the picture of him looking in the red mailbox. You can kindof tell he's confused.

After enjoying a great Christmas Eve service, we went home and set out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. Then right before going to bed, JT got sick. boo! On Christmas Eve. Because of that, we weren't able to go see my sister and her family. But we still had a great time at home. And, thankfully noone else got sick.

Mom and Dad, as always, thank you so much for coming and making Christmas so special!

















No comments: