Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

Well hello 2013..It's me, Emily. You know. The gal who used to blog regularly in 2012. And then school happened in November and December and she fell off the bloggy-wagon? Remember me?  Well, I'm back. And playing catch-up!  So, let's go back a few, ahem, months and catch up on the life of the Smith family.

Oh yes. Thanksgiving.

Mike and the kids stayed here in Durham for Thanksgiving while I flew home to be with my parents as my dad had some procedures done.  As you can tell, the kiddos didn't miss a beat!  They went to Mrs. Cathy's house and were very well taken care of.  Thanks again Mrs. Cathy!




After a year of eating vegan in our family...nothing says "ring in the holiday season" by gnawing on some meat. ha!


Mike said JT ate EVERYTHING off of Mrs. Cathy's plate plus some from other people's plate.  Growing.Boy...


I had a wonderful time with my parents. It was also my daddeo's birthday and we "surprised" (read=embarrassed) him at Applebee's with a song and ice cream.

We also skyped with Mike and the kids multiple times.  I grew up doing the "fish kiss" with my daddeo. So of course we had to do it with mine - even if it through a computer.
I grew up learning to play the piano from my daddeo.  And, there is nothing like going home to play on your own piano.  After I finished playing, dad came in and gave me a few new lessons.  Even in my 30s, I'm still that little girl.
We have so much to be thankful for this year! Now onto the 829 posts about December.

No comments: