Thursday, August 2, 2012

Garden update - Week 6

LOTS is growing in the garden these days! Most of these plants love the sun and heat - and that's exactly what North Carolina is doing right now. Along with the gorgeous thunderstorms we are getting in the late afternoon makes an ideal growing environment. Check out what we're doing this week!

Here's the bed with the squash, snap peas, and radishes. 
Our harvest of zipper peas!  I'm holding these like gold right now.  I wish I wouldn't have taken for granted the peas my Grandmother made every time we were there.  We would eat A LOT of them too.  Now, I appreciate all the time, love, nurturing, and care it took to get those peas to the table.  Thanks Grandmother!
Here's the zipper peas, green peppers, carrots, eggplant, and squash.
Zipper peas being watered by a cute blonde!
Our first butternut squash.  I have no idea how big I need to let these get.  Hmmm, maybe it's a science experiment.  I'm a researcher, y'all.  I have to make this into an Excel spreadsheet for analysis.
Check out the zipper peas, eggplant, carrots, squash, and green peppers!
Harvest time!  I wish you could hear us squeal when we get to pick these!
We made this veggie pizza one night with our harvest.  And, y'all.  It was yummy!
Happy Gardening!  

No comments: